Allow postings to moderated newsgroups using IP?

Dickon Hood dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk
Thu May 25 13:41:50 UTC 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 15:33:12 +0200, Chris Loos wrote:
: Hi everybody,
: I defined a local moderated newsgroup, which forwards all postings to my
: eMail-address.
: Is there a simple way to allow postings to a moderated newsgroup from a
: special IP address?

: Thanks for comments, best regards,

Thought about adding a Perl filter to nnrpd?  One could be written to add
an Approved: header iff the IP address of the posting host matches some
criterion.

At least, I hope so.  I'm trying to do much the same thing myself.

--
Dickon Hood

BBC Internet Services,
Kingswood Warren.