Allow postings to moderated newsgroups using IP?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu May 25 13:49:07 UTC 2000

Quoting Dickon Hood (dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk):
> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 15:33:12 +0200, Chris Loos wrote:
> : Hi everybody,
> : I defined a local moderated newsgroup, which forwards all postings to my
> : eMail-address.
> : Is there a simple way to allow postings to a moderated newsgroup from a
> : special IP address?
>
> : Thanks for comments, best regards,
>
> Thought about adding a Perl filter to nnrpd?  One could be written to add
> an Approved: header iff the IP address of the posting host matches some
> criterion.
>
> At least, I hope so.  I'm trying to do much the same thing myself.

Don't do it in nnrpd, just modify the "mailtonews" script that comes with
inn.  It already knows how to strip out the mail headers and add an
"Approved" header and feed it to news.  The moderator could, in his mail
client, either pipe the message to the modified script, or bounce it to an
email address that did the deed.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
"Malcolm solves his problems with a chain saw, and he never has the same