Dumb makehistory question(s)

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Thu Nov 9 17:29:10 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.0011090003420.64985-100000 at vax.chrillesen.dk>,
	Anonymous Coward <anonymous at Drunken.Newsbastards.Org> wrote;

} Several thoughts:  First of all, is there a description in the
} source k0deZ of the format of the token?  I did a quick grep and

No, not in the codes.  You can find the definition in
include/storage.h.  Type indicates storage method,
token can be used by method.  For cnfs, cycbuff name,
and cycnum.

} you really can't change it a whole lot -- at least, you can't drop
} anything from it.

True.

} How dependant on the class number is article retrieval?

I believe it's currently dependant.

} Also, suppose I want to keep certain buffers forever.  The way to
} do that is to remove them from the storage.conf file so they don't
} get written

No, you don't have to drop, just set 'newsgroups: !*'.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou