More ftp.isc.org /isc/inn reorganization

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 15 00:58:22 UTC 2000

Okay, I've cleaned things up a bit further.

I've created an extra-docs directory and put the Japanese translation of
the INN docs, the Usenix paper, and the slides into that directory.

I've also fleshed out the OLD directory and set up more of a hierarchy in
there so that it doesn't become too unwieldy, as well as adding a .message
file clarifying what's in that directory and warning people away from
using it unless they know what they're doing.  I've pulled down everything
that was on ftp.tin.org as well as the virgin copy of 1.5.1 that I had
sitting around and populated the OLD directory a bit more.

I'm still missing various releases, as you can see by browsing through
those directories.  I'd love to find copies of 1.1 and 1.2, and I'm
missing 1.4unoff1 and 1.4unoff2, as well as various dot releases in
various places (the whole 1.5.1 to 1.7.2 period looked pretty chaotic).
I'm mostly interested in collecting tarballs of any official release or
release that had a significant installed base; alpha or beta releases that
very few people installed probably aren't worth keeping around.

I do now have a copy of 1.7.2.insync-1.1d in the archive.  That was quite
possibly the most stable release of INN that has ever been made.

Anyway, anyone who's mirroring /isc/inn may have to kick their mirror
since lots of stuff moved around.