sendbatches

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 16 03:41:36 UTC 2000

Extra Strength Flufferin <supersede at india.com> writes:

> [Sven Paulus]

> [Russ]
>>> I'd love to distribute something like that with INN, but we really need a
>>> clear license of some sort in order to do so, unfortunately.  :/

> Ah, found something very, very simliar, with license intact.

> ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/unoff-contrib/sendbatches3.0-beta.tar.gz

> Hm, I wonder what other nifty but forgotten stuff is sitting in that
> directory....

Okay, could someone who's particularly interested in UUCP feeds or who
otherwise uses batcher (or at least understands it) take the above code
and figure out the best way to include it in INN?  It comes with a bunch
of shell scripts for handling various batching, and I don't think we need
most of them.  It also really needs some documentation.

If we can get this into INN with proper documentation, I think it can
replace the existing send-uucp and sendbatch scripts.  (I think we only
need to support the Perl version in the above tarball.)

I'll add this to TODO; since I don't do UUCP, I'm not the best person to
work on this.