Linux + large-files

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 17 00:52:33 UTC 2000

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> Anyone running INN with large-files enabled under Linux ?
> The current "configure" rejects it but it looks doable..
> Kernel > 2.3.3x with glibc > 2.1.x should do the job.
> At least, MySQL supports it with :

> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 (both _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and _LARGE_FILES undefined)

> Anyone ?

I don't believe that ext2 supports large files, though.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, yeah, Linux has the necessary pieces with more recent versions of
glibc.  I'm mostly waiting for the new autoconf to be released so that I
can just use its large file test rather than fiddling with the one in INN
more, but it should work if you tell it to do the same thing for Linux
that it does for HP-UX.