innreport not fully working

Ben C.O.Grimm inn-workers-sub at wirehub.net
Wed Oct 11 20:31:49 UTC 2000

On 11 Oct 2000 20:41:43 +0200, info at caladan.net wrote:

> We have a cron job setup to run each night from root, as follows :
>
> 30 02 * * * /usr/local/news/bin/innreport -
> nohtml-unknown -f /usr/local/news/etc
> /innreport.conf /usr/local/news/log/news
> It seems to work - pretty much, apart from the
> html output - on the initial screen the two
> graphs show zero articles, also the table
> underneath show zero articles, but if you go
> into one of the reports, all seems fine.
> Take a look at :
> http://guild.caladan.net/stats/news/logs/innrepor
> t.html
> to see what I mean.
> Am I running innreport correctly - as root from
> a cronjob? Is there some configuration I'm
> missing perhaps?

Should not be a real problem, although I prefer to run it from root's
crontab as follows:

su news -c "/usr/news/log/innreport -f
/usr/news/log/innreport_inn.conf /usr/news/log/news.notice
/usr/news/log/news"

Don't forget to have your news.notice parsed as well. It contains
valuable info for innreport.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm at wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -