Expiry working, but...

Tom Kacvinsky tjk at ams.org
Wed Oct 11 21:50:29 UTC 2000

OK, first (cringing as I write this), the version of INN we are running is a 2.3
beta from late last year.  Can't even remember the snaphot number, and one of
the sysadmins has locked me out from the tarball of the code.

We have four cycbuffs set up.  Three for non-local groups, and one for our local
newsgroups.  I believe that cycbuffs.conf and storage.conf are set up right,
because articles are getting stored.

I have expire.ctl set up thusly:

    /remember/:14

    2:A:14:14:14
    3:A:14:14:14
    4:A:14:90:90

Where classes 2 & 3 are for non-local newsgroups and class 4 is for local
newsgroups.  I also tried:

    2:14:14:14
    3:14:14:14
    4:14:90:90

In inn.conf, I have groupbasedexpiry set to true, and I run news.daily from a
cron job like this:

    news.daily flags='-N -v1' expireover lowmark

Why do I have aricles from a month ago still laying around?  What other
information do I need to provide so that you may help me solve this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. I plan on upgrading to 2.3.1 soon.  Fingers crossed!