2.3 getting caught in tight Perl regex loop?

Brandon Hume hume at Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca
Wed Oct 25 09:18:49 UTC 2000

Twice in the past two days I've had to kill innd and restart it, because it
had appeared to get caught in a very tight, endless loop in the Perl
filtering code.  When I caught the problem just now, the call stack was 194
levels deep, ~188 levels of that just being the Perl regex match function
called from PLArtfilter.

The article which was being processed at the time was:
	 <8t5ic5$9hp$1 at FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>

Am I alone in seeing this?

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/
                       -> Solaris Snob and general NOCMonkey