inn on solaris

John Horn jhorn1 at desperate.ci.tucson.az.us
Fri Sep 1 21:32:10 UTC 2000

On 1 Sep 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Joseph Sirucka <jsirucka at netics.com.au> writes:
>
> > I recently compiled inn 2.3.0 on solaris 8 on a sparc station 10.
>
> > My problem is this, how do I configure inn corectly. I have run by the
> > INSTALL file and sites of the web. One problem I have is when starting
> > in vi 'su -c news /usr/local/news/bin/rc.news" my /var/adm/messages
> > comes up with SERVER can't gethostbyname vic.news.telstra.net.
>
> Did you ever find a solution to this?  This sounds very much like a
> misconfigured resolver library.  Are you sure that resolv.conf is correct?

I entered into a discussion with this gentleman via email because I
had just successfully compiled and installed on nearly identical
platform (Sun Solaris). I provided him with four of my files from my
/usr/local/news/etc directory and suggested a ./configure addition I
think. This was at his request.

I later sent an email asking if it was working or did he need more
assistance but have not received any response from him after sending
my .conf files a week or so ago. *Shrug*

> --
> Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Regards:
John Horn                       |"Those who do not understand Unix
City of Tucson, IT Dept.        |are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
jhorn1 at desperate.ci.tucson.az.us|                         Henry Spencer