Expire - too many files

DavSmith at esoc.esa.de DavSmith at esoc.esa.de
Mon Sep 4 08:48:38 UTC 2000

I'm running INN 2.2.3 on a Solaris 2.6 system. I'm using CNFS for storage. When
I try to run expire I get the message:

can't inititialize new unified overview

and the following is written to the system log:

OVER cant open new overview file: Too many open files.

I've just switched from tradspool to CNFS because tradspool ran out of storage
(this is a test system to be used for experimenting with the new storage methods
in 2.3, when I get the go-ahead from my client).

To change from tradspool I turned storageapi on, created the files, revised
storage.conf and cycbuf.conf and made the recommended changes in inn.conf. I've
changed nothing on the expiry side at all. It ran fine as tradspool, so what the
heck is going on here?

All advice gratefully received.

Dave Smith
--