[ot] news2mail gateway (fwd)

adam at cfar.umd.edu adam at cfar.umd.edu
Fri Sep 8 19:00:29 UTC 2000

Hello,

        I'm thinking to setup a news2mail gateway and mailing list for
	my cmsc412 class, so that whoever wants to receive all posts in
	their mail can just subsribe to a mailing list, and other way it
	also should be possible to post by sending mail to list.

        I have setup something like this in past, but I have used it
        together with my own news server and the news-mail gateway
        was part of my server (inn package).

        In this case I don't own news server and I don't have access
        to newsfeed. So I'll have to run some program from cron
        periodically which checks for new posts, say every 15 min,
        or something like that.

        Now the big question is which program I want to use it for it.

        I have checked out freshmeat, and they have there number of
        programs which do this task, and I'm not sure which one to use.
        Has anyone used anything like this in past? I would like some
        recommendations in this matter. The list of various news2
        mail programs is in

        http://freshmeat.net/appindex/console/news.html

also

	http://members.xoom.com/alexsh/news2mail/