inn 2.3.0 vs cnfs and tradspool

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.servalan.com
Sun Sep 10 22:32:00 UTC 2000

In servalan.mailinglist.inn-workers you write:

>  I'v got some problems combining 'cnfs' and 'tradspool' storage
>  methods. I want to store 'junk' group in spool/articles/junk. but
>  inn continue to store junk articles in its cycbuffs.
>  here's storage.conf:
>method tradspool {
>        newsgroups: "junk"
>        class: 1
>}
>method cnfs {
>       newsgroups: "*, !junk"
>       class: 3
>       size: 0,1000000
>}

>i've even tried to remove 'cnfs' record from storage.conf, but inn
>won't change it's behavior :-(.

Alas, the machine with my copy of INN-current on it is down right now, but if
I remember correctly, there's an option named something like "storeonxref"
that forces the storage manager to make its decision on storage based on
the Xref: line instead of Newsgroups:.  You probably need to set this to
true, since "junk" is one of those funny cases like control.* where the
article gets "stored" elsewhere than its original newsgroup, so the
Newsgroups: line would say what the original newsgroup was and Xref: would
say junk.