CNFS + FreeBSD + cnfsstat "read:file too large"

Callum Duncan callum at passport.ca
Fri Sep 15 13:45:59 UTC 2000

Russ,

RE:
>May have something to do with cnfsstat trying to find the most recent
>message.  You can read a >2GB file fine with code that isn't large-file
>aware unless you try to read beyond the 2GB point.

I believe you are correct.  I ran cfnsstat last night when it was at position 1.6 GB at it worked fine.  Later I was unable to do a cnfsstat - read error again.  I believe it was in the post 2GB position, though this was hardly a scientific process.  Today I am able to run cnfsstat again because the cycbuff has clearly cycled.

The "Anonymous Meower" mentioned building Perl with 'largefile support' which is something I will look into doing.

Regards,
Callum

--
Callum Duncan