INN on Sun

Marco d'Itri md at linux.it
Fri Sep 15 21:07:40 UTC 2000

I have to run INN on sun hardware and I don't know well how big the
machine should be (I don't have a lot of sun/solaris experience).

I'm cosidering buying a E250 with one 450 MHz CPU and .5 GB of RAM,
how many concurrent readers will it handle?
Are CPU and memory balanced or should I buy more of RAM or add another
CPU?
I plan to receive one or maybe two full feeds.

I don't think I want to scale to a huge number of users, I'm considering
installing some diablo reader boxes when the user base will grow.
I read innxmit code and I see making it send header feeds is quite easy.

--
ciao,
Marco