inn.conf checkincludedtext

Brian Kraft bhkraft at gj.net
Thu Sep 21 13:12:15 UTC 2000

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

>Brian Kraft <bhkraft at gj.net> wrote;
>
>} What happened to the 40 line minimum when checking for more included
>} text than new text?  It apparently disappeared between 1.7.2 and 2.2.x
>
>Here is the commit message;
>
>revision 1.38
>date: 1999/01/27 15:29:35;  author: kondou;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
>nnrpd/post.c:
>        - From: John Schmidt <js at saltmine.radix.net>
>        - It seemed more logical to skip the check entirely if the total number
>          of lines is less than 40.
>
>} Does setting values for it in  post.c  and  inews.c  only affect the
>} local Unix newsreaders?
>
>Yes.

Then what about remote newsreader clients?  The 40 line minimum is
gone after an upgrade to INN 2.2.1 on a server that I use with a
client newsreader.  1.7.2 apparently has a 40 line minimum hardcoded.

How can the admin of this 2.2.1 server set a checkincludedtext line
minimum for client newsreaders, besides adding it to filter_nnrpd.pl?
Brian Kraft  bhkraft at gj.net