buffindexed question

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Fri Sep 22 19:41:59 UTC 2000

In article <p04330128b5f1521d38f1@[192.168.2.101]>,
	Jon Mansey <jon at interpacket.net> wrote;

} Is the buffindexed overview method a 'self-expiring' system?

No.

} Right now I am running news.daily with expireover and it seems to be
} choking the server for about 2 hours every night. I see a
} correspondence in dropped articles during that time. Any tips on how
} to avoid this?

I once saw this on my server in production.  This happens
to newsgroups which have large number of articles like
control.cancel.  To avoid this, the size of buffer(storage
method of my server is only cnfs) needs to be quite small.
It's 40MB for my case.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou