buffindexed question

Jon Mansey jon at interpacket.net
Sat Sep 23 15:20:29 UTC 2000

Interestingly, the history part of the daily expire only takes 10
minutes or so. It is the overview that takes hours.

Thanks for those tips though, I will rebuild my history. And maybe
the overview at the same time if ppl suggest that is a good idea?

Now, how and when to do that? I run a spool of nearly a TB, so it
will take a while I guess and performance will suck during it? Will
all my readers' overviews get broken? Should I shut inn down during
the rebuild? Trouble is I have a global audience so there really isnt
a down time to do this, sucks.

Also what is the magic command to rebuild it. I assume something like

rm history*
makedbz ???

TIA as usual,

Jon.