Problems using uucp/rnews in 2.3.0

Jürgen Sauer jojo at automatix.de
Sun Sep 24 18:50:49 UTC 2000

Hi!

I've got a little problem, after upgrading our nesserver.

The Newsfeed is a compressed (gzip) uucp feed.

After installing the inn 2.3.0, ran into problems with the "nnrpd",
which says, that the 'ihave' command is not longer understood.

Reading the manual of nnrpd I found, that the the 'ihave' command
is not supported/implemented.

Using the source I found, that the 'rnews.c' does use the 'ihave'
protcoll to submit incoming news articles.

The FAQ ist a little outdated in this point, so reviewd the listarchive,
nothing uable found.

So, has anybody solved the trouble and can help me ?

=2E.. or should I implement the soluton by myself, but I'm little short in
time and do not really want to step back...

Thanks.
=09J. Sauer

--=20
- Professionelle Linux Server,   Professioneller Support und Dienstleistung=
en
- AutomatiX GmbH  - Vollautomatische Kransteuerungen & SAP f=E4higes Lagerg=
er=E4t
- J=FCrgen Sauer Neue Str. 11 28790 Schwanewede  =09     mailto:jojo at automa=
tix.de
- +49-4209-4699 +49-172-5466499  FAX  +49 4209 4644   http://www.automatix.=
de
- Hinweis: Nach =A728 Abs.3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz WIDERSPRECHE
- ich der Nutzung meiner Daten fuer Werbezwecke!