Upgrade 2.2.2 => 2.3.0

Jürgen Sauer jojo at automatix.de
Tue Sep 26 16:43:34 UTC 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Gerd Hoerst wrote:

>=20
> Hello !
>=20
> After an upgrade of INN the following thing are not working correctly:
> Rnews fails (exit code 1) after i got my news from my uplink.
> and mailpost does not work (inews failed and then can't create spoolfile
> permission denied) the rights are ok (afaik) but i have no idea where to
> start....
Had the same prob a few days before ...
1. setup incoming.conf correctly, that the rnews host (IP) is acceppted as
=09FEEDER not as READER. (Important, because rnews may fail)

2. Have a look into the failed batched Data (e.g. named as D.*)
   If you read #! cunbatch, then determine, which compression the
   feed uses. If it is compress it's alright, if it's gzip,
   cou can link gzip to the (old) compress. (also the uncompress/unzip)
   You can edit the D. file and delete the 1st line, after saving the rest
   you can test that with "file D.*", the you will see, which compression
   is used.

That helped me, first tip I got from an other reader of this list on Sunday=
=2E

mfG
=09Jojo

--=20