Virtual Domains

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Sep 26 17:07:56 UTC 2000

In article <39BFAE19.31723.117DAEE at localhost> you write:

| Can we clarify exactly what you are trying to accomplish here?
| (Using my domains in example...)
|
| It's very easy to do if you want all customers coming in from
| sunshinecable.com addresses to get one set of groups, and another
| group of customers coming in from dockmaster.net to get another set
| of groups.
|
| If, on the other hand, you want to operate it so that an individual
| customer gets one set of groups if they connect to
| 'news.sunshinecable.com' and a different set of groups (same
| customer, same IP address/hostname) if they connect to
| 'news.dockmaster.net' then things get more complicated.

  Only slightly, I would think. Can't you just use a resolver which
looks at the incoming IP and returns a name which is then used in the
access stanza to set newsgroups? Wasn't there some discussion of letting
the auth or resolver programs return a newsgroups list?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc