expireover problems with ovdb?

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Wed Sep 27 17:37:49 UTC 2000

Anonymous Meowbot <meowbot at usenetcabal.tdk.net> wrote:

> So, can I please ask, is anyone running INN (which one) and
> BerzerkDB (which one too) on Slowaris (small details too),
> have you had any problems or has it been flawless, and how many
> readers do you have?

We are planing to put INN 2.3x (We would appreciate if an
"official" INN 2.3.1 will be released in the near future,
otherwise we'll try our luck with one of the snapshots) with
BerkeleyDB 3.1.17 on a Solaris 8 box in the next weeks.

> Also, if you are running OVDB successfully on any OS, I would like
> to hear from you (again, readership levels too), so that I could
> throw up a box of that flavour and try the same k0deZ on it to see
> if there's any difference in stability.

On my test box:

Linux 2.2.17 (Red Hat 6.2 with all patches)
PIII 650 MHz, 256 MB RAM
Ultra 160/m SCSI
INN 2.3.1 snapshots
BerkeleyDB 3.1.17

timecaf & ovdb, about 2,2 Mio articles in spool. The machine
ran BerkeleyDB 2.7.7, but I did an update (using ovdb_upgrade)
to 3.1.17 last week.

The machine has no big reader base (as I said, it's just a test
box), it normally has ~ 10 concurrent readers, mostly "suck
feeds".

Despite the fact that expireover needs quite a lot of time
(~ 40 minutes for ~ 2 GB overview at the moment), everything
is fine.

But the machine isn't loaded heavily.

Bye,
Bettina