timecaf: could not mmap article

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Tue Apr 3 13:58:56 UTC 2001

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

>>> Anyone who runs timecaf on Linux?
>>
>> Yes, I do on one of my test machines (everything - except some
>> binary groups on CNFS - is timecaf).
>>
>> What's the question /problem?
>
>  Are you running large file support?

No, because I only have very few groups on CNFS (5 buffers * 100 MB),
it's without large file support. I've chosen that setup only to test
if a spool mix (CNFS / timecaf) works. It does for me.

> I'm still being bitten by the size of incoming articles being messed
> up (and going negative) if I have a feed out of a machine. Doesn't
> seem to be happening on reader machines, or machines with 32 bit file size.
>
>  Using 20010222-CURRENT for testing.

The machine runs INN 2.3.2 (20010328 prerelease).

I've never experienced any problems with timecaf. I only thing I do
is removing some of the unused / empty directories in the timecaf
subdirectories now and then (it's an old habit from traditional spool
times ;-), but this server runs smoothly without any attention necessary.

Bye,
Bettina