inn-2.4: makehistory -O -x -F SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault)

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Sat Apr 7 10:33:49 UTC 2001

In article <72itkiw0lv.fsf at nd1.eng.demon.net>,
Alex Kiernan  <alexk at demon.net> wrote:
>list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:
>
>> If 'usemmap' is 'false' in inn.conf, makehistory -O -x -F crashes
>> with SEGV. Looks a lot like the problem I reported earlier this
>> week and that Katshuhiro fixed promptly.

That should be 'articlemmap' ofcourse, anyway:

>Can you get a stack backtrace out of it?

% export INNCONF=/tmp/news/inn.conf
% gdb makehistory
This GDB was configured as "i486-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run -O -x -F
Starting program: /extra/staff/miquels/inn-2.4-20010405/expire/makehistory -O -x -F

Duh, now it doesn't crash anymore. I wish I had though of using
gdb right away. I hate bugs like this.

Anyway, the 'ctlinnd begin' bug I reported in another thread is
reproducible and I did get a backtrace out of it so you don't
need to be bored this weekend ;)

Mike.

Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)