items in LIBDIR (related to FHS patch)

James Ralston qralston+ml.inn-workers at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 17 20:46:37 UTC 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I don't think they [innreport_inn.pm, innshellvars*] are
> configuration files, users are not supposed to change them.

The former does not necessarily imply the latter.  The files listed
above are read by other components of INN in order to set options.  In
my mind, that's a strong argument for treating them as config files,
even if users don't need to (or aren't supposed to) edit them
directly.

Also, in a sense, users *do* edit the innshellvars* files; the options
they pass to ./configure (when building INN) determine what values
ultimately are placed into those files.

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute