Artsize still not quite right in CURRENT

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 19 10:54:20 UTC 2001

In article <20010419001201.A19826 at opentransit.net>,
Fabien Tassin  <fta at sofaraway.org> wrote:
| According to bill davidsen:
| >
| > | For reference the box is running 2.4.3-ac7, with (I think) a glibc 2.2
| > | derived libc (is there some way of getting it to report the library
| > | version info?)
| >
| > Probably, but I usually use "ls -l /lib/libc*" as a quick and dirty.
	[snip]

| or even this :
|
| $ ls -l /lib/libc-*.so
| -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1108076 Mar 24 08:01 /lib/libc-2.2.2.so
| $ strings /lib/libc-2.2.2.so | grep version
                 /|\

     This is why I do "ls" to be sure I know
     exactly which library file(s) are installed
     on any given machine. If you look in 2.2.2 you
     will always get 2.2.2, that isn't always the
     libc in use :-(

| GNU C Library stable release version 2.2.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
| Compiled by GNU CC version 2.95.3 20010315 (Debian release).
|         crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others

Actually, you have to look in /usr/lib as well, to see where libc.so
actually points, then check that if the version isn't self explanitor.
And in looking at this, I see that my mail system is __OLD__ indeed.
Maybe an upgrade is needed.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc