Artsize still not quite right in CURRENT

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 19 10:58:55 UTC 2001

In article <72y9sxtqy8.fsf at nd1.eng.demon.net>,
Alex Kiernan  <alexk at demon.net> wrote:

| "Marco d'Itri" <md at Linux.IT> writes:
|
| > On Apr 19, Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> wrote:
| >
| >  >fta at ix:~ $ gcc glibc-version.c -o glibc-version
| >
| >  >or even this :
| >  >
| >  >$ ls -l /lib/libc-*.so
| >
| > Or even just:
| >
| > $ /lib/libc.so.6
| > GNU C Library stable release version 2.2.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
| > Copyright (C) 1992-1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

As noted in another post, you really have to look at /usr/lib/libc.so to
see what your current library version might be. I missed that in my
first note, it's important on systems which may have been upgraded.
Trying some machines I found libs as old as 5.4.44, even though later
(libc.6) libraries were installed.

I am not a trusting person...
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>