Artsize still not quite right in CURRENT

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 19 11:04:26 UTC 2001

In article <ylk84h9zbt.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

| pread and pwrite should be visible in the header files without requiring
| any of these macros be used.
|
| I seem to recall that this crossed the autoconf lists in the past and the
| conclusion was that it was a bug in glibc that the correct symbols weren't
| visible without needing feature-test macros, but I may not be remembering
| right.

I more or less agree with you on test macros, but for now I think we
really need _XOPEN_SOURCE so the compilation will be correct. We can
note it as a future target of removal, when and if the need goes away.
I'll note this to the developers, who may reply that there is some
reason why they meant it to be broken... I mean why they made this
implementation choice.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc