Artsize still not quite right in CURRENT

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Apr 20 00:17:50 UTC 2001

Hi,

Alex asked me to pass along to the list the following note I'd sent
originally directly to him; I do so here, with a little additional
information...

> >So it looks like its just a compilation environment problem (which I
> >have to admit I didn't check all that closely)- can people who were
> >seeing the problem rebuild with this flag (or the next one? the linux
> >box I was using is gone from the network at the mo') & see
> if it fixes
> >things?
>
> Addinng -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 to inn-CURRENT-20010417's Makefile.global
> results in the error:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -I../include  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -c date.c
> date.c: In function `local_tz_offset':
> date.c:66: structure has no member named `tm_gmtoff'
> date.c: In function `makedate':
> date.c:160: structure has no member named `tm_zone'
> make[1]: *** [date.o] Error 1
>
> If you remove -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500, date.c compiles cleanly:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -I../include  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c date.c
> gcc -g -O2 -I../include  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c dbz.c
> [etc]

Of course, I should add also that one can also manually #UNDEF the
conditional code that's being triggered at date.c:66 and date.c:160,
which also lets date.c compile cleanly.

[As I continued to look at this, I note that there may be other areas
where including -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 breaks code which is otherwise
clean, e.g.:

gcc -g -O2 -I../include  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -c dbz.c
dbz.c: In function `getcore':
dbz.c:1299: `caddr_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
dbz.c:1299: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dbz.c:1299: for each function it appears in.)
dbz.c:1299: parse error before `0'

Regards,

Joe