Strange log entries in 2.3.1

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Apr 23 05:20:25 UTC 2001

In article <20010402162731.I32561 at kangaroo.csv.warwick.ac.uk>,
	Jon Harley <J.W.Harley at warwick.ac.uk> wrote;

} Apr  2 15:07:32 wallaby innd: SERVER bad_newsgroup alt.video.tape-trading
}
} The article which triggered those particular ones had the following
} Newsgroups line:
}
} Newsgroups: alt.videos.bootlegs,alt.video.dvd,uk.media.dvd,alt.video.tape-trading
}
} and was fed because of the valid uk.media.dvd group which is indeed in
} my active file. However, not all crossposts to groups which aren't in
} the active file produce notices like the above. Feeding in an article
} with
}
} Newsgroups: nonexistent.group,uk.test
}
} did not produce a bad_newsgroup entry.
}
} Is this a bug or is there some subtle meaning behind bad_newsgroup
} which I'm missing? What actually is the point of it?

I assume you've set xrefslave true in inn.conf.  In the case
update active with the header.  The problem you saw was caused
by that newsgroup list in active differs from master.  Active
can be synchronized by actsync(8).
--
Katsuhiro Kondou