423 Bad article number

Lisa Ungar lungar at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 7 14:11:35 UTC 2001

Hi,

Actually, the 423 problem has not been resolved yet.  I thought that an
error message listed news.err during the rebuild of the history file was
related to  fact that I had missing articles.  It is actually a different
problem  which doesn't appear to impact the people using the news service?

Is there any way one recover cross post articles inside the Overview? Or
preserve the fact that there are crossposts, when the history and Overview
file needs to be rebuilt?

Basically, I am getting 423 from the crossposted articles.  For the first
entry in newsgroup line, I don't get the 423 message, but for the others in
the list.  I do

There is no writelinks option in the inn.conf file for version 2.3.0.
Would addmissing.pl program help in with the crossposts?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa