Perl nnrpd_auth hook

Dave Mussulman mussulma at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 7 19:39:21 UTC 2001

Maybe I'm missing how to do something, or there's no current way to do
it -- in which case, this is a feature request.

I want to mimic the read: and post: access group parameters in
readers.conf with the perl nnrpd_auth.pl hook.  IE: I want to
specify which newsgroups the user can read and post to, rather than
have a boolean for reading and posting on a global list of newsgroups.
Is there any way to do that using nnrpd_auth.pl?

Perhaps a modification where instead of booleans, the read and post
parameters from the authenticate() return array are wildmat
expressions, used if the newsgroups wildmat string is empty?  Is that
feasible?

Thanks,
Dave