Perl nnrpd_auth hook

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Fri Aug 10 01:30:32 UTC 2001

In article <20010807143921.C6164 at uiuc.edu>,
        Dave Mussulman <mussulma at uiuc.edu> wrote;

} I want to mimic the read: and post: access group parameters in
} readers.conf with the perl nnrpd_auth.pl hook.  IE: I want to
} specify which newsgroups the user can read and post to, rather than
} have a boolean for reading and posting on a global list of newsgroups.
} Is there any way to do that using nnrpd_auth.pl?

No.

} Perhaps a modification where instead of booleans, the read and post
} parameters from the authenticate() return array are wildmat
} expressions, used if the newsgroups wildmat string is empty?  Is that
} feasible?

It should be.  Any patche for it is welcome.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou