control, control.cancel, ...............

madog madog at madogcc.myip.org
Thu Aug 16 19:02:18 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Allbery" <rra at stanford.edu>
To: <inn-workers at isc.org>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:44 AM
Subject: Re: control, control.cancel, ...............

| I don't know why ctlinnd cancel id isn't working for you; are you quoting
| the message ID to protect it from the shell?  That's necessary since
| message IDs contain angle brackets and frequently dollar signs.

thanks first, and yes, i did the quoting
some one has told me that and i tried, but i still can't delete the post

this is what i get from the post i want to delete:

what i did is :

[root at madogcc /root]# su - news
sh-2.04$ ctlinnd cancel "9lg9vc$34b$1 at madogcc.myip.org"
Ok
sh-2.04$

but it's not deleted !  it drives me crazy !!! .........