innfeed bindaddress only in top scope, why?

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Thu Aug 16 22:16:27 UTC 2001

Thus wrote Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu):

> S P Zeidler <spz at serpens.de> writes:
>
> > as far as I can discern from a hasty look at the source the innfeed.conf
> > bindaddress parameter is only valid in the top scope, but not in host
> > scope. I see no obvious reason why it shouldn't be definable per-group
> > or per-host, am I missing something?
>
> I think it's mostly just that no one's written the code in innfeed to
> implement per-host bind addresses.

I really want this, so I'll bite down on that coming vacation. Ought to be
ready end of September, against 2.3.2. I'll probably also make it eat v6
addresses, while I'm at it. ;-)

> > While we're at feeding programs .. does the 'no crypto hooks' point still
> > hold true? otherwise I'd have a updated patch to generate a innsxmit
> > (SSL innxmit) for INN 2.3.2/OpenSSL. Same site to feed that caused Heiko
> > to write the patch in the first place, still not gotten rid of it. ;-}
>
> Well, given that we now include SSL hooks for nnrpd, we appear to already
> be including crypto hooks.  :)  At some point we should let the US
> government know that we're distributing crypto source code.  Hm.  Will
> have to remember to take care of that.

Okey. My currently running version is in the state of egregious hack, I'll
want to clean that up to not be too embarrassed by it. ETA of the
presentable version also end of September.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)