suck+inn

madog madog at madogcc.myip.org
Fri Aug 17 20:43:42 UTC 2001

OUTGOING=${SPOOLDIR}/out.going/${SITE}  # location of the list of articles
to upload
OUTGOINGNEW=${OUTGOING}.new             # file to contain the list
temporarily
OUTGOINGFAIL=${OUTGOINGNEW}.fail        # file with failed xfers
SCRIPT=${BASEDIR}/put.news              # my filter for rpost
OUTFILE=/tmp/tmp$$                      # used by rpost as article after it
is filtered
LOCKFILE=${BASEDIR}/getnews.lock        # lock file to prevent multiple
instances of script
NEWSGROUP=news                          # which group owns the file in
out.going, typically either news or uucp

above are from a script "get.news.inn" which is installed by suck

my question is "list of articles to upload", where does this list come from
?
shall inn build this list so that SUCK can use it to do the rpost job ?
or SUCK itself will build it during the rpost job ?

i thinks the reason that i can't upload posts from my local server to remote
server
is RIGHT HERE, i DON'T have this list !

any idea ?

thanks in advance