Spaced out

Jim_Marnell at cca-int.com Jim_Marnell at cca-int.com
Thu Aug 23 17:57:46 UTC 2001

Not sure what's happened over that last few months but I'm having trouble
managing disk space. I've dropped my expire from two weeks to one and still
keep filling the disk. Any ideas why? I'm using the same subscription list.
And another thing - the server throttles because of no space even though
there still appears to be enough (i-nodes & blocks).

Aug 23 13:18:54 stingray innd: SERVER throttle No space left on device
writing history file -- throttling
$ df -g /usr/local/news
/usr/local/news    (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 ):         8192 block size1024 frag size
4003128 total blocks     232322 free blocks   112230 available503808 total files
   51587 free files      8388608 filesys id
     ufs fstype       0x00000004 flag             255 filename length
$ date
Thu Aug 23 13:19:28 EDT 2001

Any ideas what could be the problem?
One final question - how can I remove all the articles for microsoft.* from
spool? Is it possible or must I wait for expire to delete them? My thought
was to bring down inn - remove microsoft.* from active file - rm -r
microsoft from spool - restart inn. Is this safe?
thanks...jim