Red Hat Linux, inn 2.3.1, findmissing.pl and expireover -a -s

Terry Letsche letsche at INAV.NET
Tue Aug 28 20:44:51 UTC 2001

I've got a news server that's been up 4 days since wiping the spool to
change file system types. I have the program "findmissing.pl" from Dave
Barr's web page that I periodically run to remove articles that are not in
the history file. In the four days it's been running, slightly over 2
million articles are in the spool that aren't in the history file (which
itself has almost the same number of entries in it). I assume that there
is a problem with this old version of findmissing? Is there a newer
version of this program?

Also, in older versions of in one could run expireover with the -a and -s
parameters to make it add missing entries to the overview and to delete
overview entries that no longer had any corresponding spool file. Is this
capability now lost, or do we need a third-party tool of some kind to do
this kind of cleanup?

Thanks.

Terry

===