small optimization for history writes

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Dec 3 16:53:58 UTC 2001

In article <9u8co5$3d3$1 at ncc1701.cistron.net>,
Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl> wrote:

| No but I wasn't sure this was quite right so I posted it here instead
| of in -patches, seems like that was a good idea.
|
| Now there are two ways to fix it, either by keeping an offset
| variable in struct hisv6, or by fixing glibc .. I'll have to
| think about that.

  As a general question, since most of INN uses mmap virtually
everywhere, why is this code not doing so? Or is this the code for
"MMAP_IS_BROKE" alternative use;-) Seems like something which should be
reported to the glibc folks, there seems no correlation between ftell
and flush.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc