Problems with overview or expire configuration

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at crans.org
Sun Dec 9 00:21:40 UTC 2001

"Katsuhiro Kondou" <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> wrote :

> } Then, when runnning
> } "/usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily delayrm noexpireover nomail lowmark" as
news
> } user, all the messages appear as they should in the newsreader.
> } But then, i ran as you said
> } "/usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily delayrm nomail lowmark" and there
> } are no more messages accessible with my newsreader and the overview
files
> } are empty (0 byte).
> } So the overall result is that my newsgroups are empty, but the articles
are
> } still in the spool...
> }
> } Have you got any more ideas of what's wrong ?
>
> What expire.log and expire.ctl look like?

I have migrated from tradindexed to buffindexed and the problem has
completely disappeared, so I can't tell what expire.log used to look like.

As I said in my first message, my expire.ctl is as follows :
/remember/:14
*:A:1:10:never
crans.*:A:55:90:never

The conclusion is that migrating from tradindexed to buffindexed seems to
have solved my overview probled, but I've heared that there was some
problems with buffindexed and inn 2.3.2, is that right ?

regards,
--
Nicolas STRANSKY