Fwd: Re: innxmit, etc.

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at rcn.com
Sun Dec 9 12:51:40 UTC 2001

> Why are you trying to use 2.3.2's innxmit on 2.2 box?
> It never works like you're hoping.

Since innxmit didn't work on the 2.2 box, it was suggested that the 2.3.2
version of innxmit could handle either format.

> } I'm creating a batchfile by parsing the history file.
>
> If you really want to use 2.3.2's, you also need to
> replace all "." with "/" in 3rd field of history.

I don't care which version I use; I just need it to work =)

> } Articles arrive in ~news/log/news, no relevant errors or notices in any
> } of the logs. Does this make any sense to any of you?
>
> I'm not sure what you really mean, but $pathlog/news
> tells article has already arrived but you cannot see
> it thru news reader?  Then have you setup overview
> creation?

Correct. The article arrives on the local reader, but for some reason, it
doesn't make it upstream to any peers. However, innfeed.status as well as my
nightly report all say that articles have been fed. Yes. overview has been
setup, directories/group.index in $pathoverview have been populated.