innxmit, etc.

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Mon Dec 10 00:46:25 UTC 2001

In article <E16D5hh-0007Zu-00 at smtp03.mrf.mail.rcn.net>,
	"Steven L. Sesar" <ssesar at rcn.com> wrote;

} > Then 2.2's innxmit works.
}
} But it doesn't. When I create the batchfile as suggested by an earlier post
} of yours, (well, I modified the regex match for "@", since that character
} doesn't exist in the token fo the 2.2 history file.) I end up with a file
} with entries such as, "newsgroup.name"/article_num.

Ah, I've also misguided you.  2.2's innxmit cannot understand
the format like 3rd field in history.  You need to replace
"." with "/" in the entry.  Then both 2.2 and 2.3 should work.

} 1. While at work, "user A" subscribed to "news.software.nntp" prepares an
} article and sends it.
}
} 2. "User B", who is NOT at work; rather is sitting home, checking for new
} articles on "news.software.nntp", does not receive "user A's" post. However,
} while at work, "user A" receives his own post.
}
} 3. In other words, a user on our local reader can send/receive articles just
} fine. But when that same user reads his news at home, his articles which were
} posted while at work, do not show up on his home machine.

Is there any difference in accessed server between at home
and at work?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou