innxmit, etc.

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at rcn.com
Sun Dec 9 15:09:26 UTC 2001

> } Since innxmit didn't work on the 2.2 box, it was suggested that the 2.3.2
> } version of innxmit could handle either format.
>
> innxmit for 2.2 works for 2.2, and who suggested like above?

Russ.

> 2.3.2 is also capable of handling relative path name.  3rd
> field in history, for 2.2, is not really path name of the
> file.  It includes "newsgroup.name"/article_num which is
> different from "newsgroup/name/article_num".
>
> } I don't care which version I use; I just need it to work =)

> Then 2.2's innxmit works.

But it doesn't. When I create the batchfile as suggested by an earlier post
of yours, (well, I modified the regex match for "@", since that character
doesn't exist in the token fo the 2.2 history file.) I end up with a file
with entries such as, "newsgroup.name"/article_num.

When I run 'innxmit <news server> <$patchoutgoing/list>', innxmit returns:

"Ignoring line....." and nothing is ever transmitted.

> I'm sorry I still cannot understand the situation.

OK.

1. While at work, "user A" subscribed to "news.software.nntp" prepares an
article and sends it.

2. "User B", who is NOT at work; rather is sitting home, checking for new
articles on "news.software.nntp", does not receive "user A's" post. However,
while at work, "user A" receives his own post.

3. In other words, a user on our local reader can send/receive articles just
fine. But when that same user reads his news at home, his articles which were
posted while at work, do not show up on his home machine.