innxmit, etc.

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Sun Dec 9 15:01:11 UTC 2001

In article <E16D3YM-0003aw-00 at smtp03.mrf.mail.rcn.net>,
	"Steven L. Sesar" <ssesar at rcn.com> wrote;

} > Why are you trying to use 2.3.2's innxmit on 2.2 box?
} > It never works like you're hoping.
}
} Since innxmit didn't work on the 2.2 box, it was suggested that the 2.3.2
} version of innxmit could handle either format.

innxmit for 2.2 works for 2.2, and who suggested like above?
2.3.2 is also capable of handling relative path name.  3rd
field in history, for 2.2, is not really path name of the
file.  It includes "newsgroup.name"/article_num which is
different from "newsgroup/name/article_num".

} I don't care which version I use; I just need it to work =)

Then 2.2's innxmit works.

} Correct. The article arrives on the local reader, but for some reason, it
} doesn't make it upstream to any peers. However, innfeed.status as well as my
} nightly report all say that articles have been fed. Yes. overview has been
} setup, directories/group.index in $pathoverview have been populated.

I'm sorry I still cannot understand the situation.  And your
picture written in characters, which you wrote in last message,
didn't seem to make it clear at least to me.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou