readerswhenstopped meaning

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Dec 13 17:33:14 UTC 2001

Another one thing:

       -n     The `-n'' flag specifies whether or not pausing or
              throttling the server should  also  disable  future
              newsreading  processes.  A value of `y'' will make
              newreaders act as the server, a value of `n'' will
              allow  newsreading even when the server is not run-
              ning.  The default is to  allow  reading,  but  can
              also  be  changed  with  the `readerswhenstopped''
              option in inn.conf(5).

virtual.nextra.sk-news: ctlinnd param n y
Ok
virtual.nextra.sk-news: ctlinnd mode
Server running
Allowing remote connections
Parameters c 28 i 50 (0) l 262144 o 16411 t 300 H 2 T 60 X 0 slave specified
Not reserved
Readers separate enabled
Perl filtering enabled
virtual.nextra.sk-news: ctlinnd param n n
Ok
virtual.nextra.sk-news: ctlinnd mode
Server running
Allowing remote connections
Parameters c 28 i 50 (0) l 262144 o 16411 t 300 H 2 T 60 X 0 slave specified
Not reserved
Readers follow enabled
Perl filtering enabled

it seems this doc says also something different then innd. I would suggest
fixing the doc:

'y'  means that readers are allowed even if innd is paused or throttled.
'n'  means that if innd is paused or throttled, it won't allow even readers

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.