innfeed not propagating articles

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Dec 15 16:52:47 UTC 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> On Friday 14 December 2001 23:26, you wrote:
>
> > Hrm.  I suppose.  (You might look into Cleanfeed, by the way.)
>
> Silly question. If I use Cleanfeed, how would that allow me to change the ME
> entry?

Cleanfeed filters the articles as they come in.  So rather than the
relatively primitive filtering provided by your ME entry, you'd have a
nice sophisticated mechanism (capable of denying binaries in the wrong
groups, for example, regardless of name).  Anyway, that's not your issue
here.

> > Ok...what does the line in ~news/log/news for one of the vanishing
> > articles look like?  Does "world" appear at the end of it?
>
> Yes. I should have said that from the beginning.

Oh.  Ok, then it's definitely not a problem with your newsfeeds file.
(Except maybe the innfeed entry, but that looked fine, as I recall.)

Is this sporadic?  That is, do any articles ever get to that peer?

Hmm...things to check:

- is your innfeed.conf right
- does the article appear in ~news/log/news on the remote server

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org