WAS Re: innfeed not propagating articles

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 17 19:07:41 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> The above/below example(s) are from ~news/log/news on the transit
> server, just so we're on the same page.

Well, the reader server has a "news" too, it should have lines like with
"+ not-for-mail" for each posted article.

> Dec 17 13:45:52.842 + newstransit.mitre.org
> <u1sfaer031r069 at corp.supernews.com> 945 crosspost newslocal
> newstransit
>
> Is this correct? Why would I be feeding "newstransit back articles?

That's odd.  Take a look at that article on the reader box and check what
entry newstransit put in the Path: line, perhaps it doesn't match what you
have in your newsfeeds exclusion.

> Dec 17 13:57:11 top innd: newstransit.mitre.org:17 checkpoint seconds
> 820 accepted 1777 refused 1 rejected 223

Look in "news" on newstransit to see why those articles are being
rejected.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org