WAS Re: innfeed not propagating articles

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at mitre.org
Mon Dec 17 18:59:14 UTC 2001

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:
>
> > Another issue is the fact that I don't see any entries such as:
> >
> >                                    VVVVVVVVVVVVV
> > Dec 17 13:18:42.632 + my-reader-machine <f4ds1ug80al08t42tov82ea61btihbt6h5 at 4ax.com>
> > 3156 STATS! gte agate philabs world

The above/below example(s) are from ~news/log/news on the transit server, just so we're
on the same page.

> If that's the case, then you need to do all of the stuff we've been doing
> for the reader machine (look for the articles in "news" first, make sure
> the newsfeeds name for your transit machine appears at the end of the line;

Dec 17 13:45:52.842 + newstransit.mitre.org <u1sfaer031r069 at corp.supernews.com> 945
crosspost newslocal newstransit

Is this correct? Why would I be feeding "newstransit back articles? BTW, "newslocal", is
the intended replacement for the current reader box. I have the current machine feeding
the replacement.

> be sure that entry is right in newsfeeds;

Think so:

ME\
        :*::

newstransit/newstransit.mitre.org\
        :!control.*,!control*,!junk*\
        :Tm:innfeed!

> make sure "news.notice"
> shows entries from innfeed feeding articles for that peer).

Dec 17 13:57:11 top innd: newstransit.mitre.org:17 checkpoint seconds 820 accepted 1777
refused 1 rejected 223