WAS Re: innfeed not propagating articles

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 17 19:24:06 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:
>
> > Well, the reader server has a "news" too, it should have lines like with
> > "+ not-for-mail" for each posted article.
>
> Nope. "+ not-for-mail" doesn't appear anywhere in ~news/log/news on the
> reader machine.

Umm.  You are posting from the reader machine, right?  Search for the
Message-ID of one of your posts.

Oh, do you have nnrpdposthost set in inn.conf on the reader?

> Silly question: where would I find the actual article? ~news/spool/articles
> is empty

Err...look at "patharticles" in inn.conf

Or just run ~news/bin/sm `~news/bin/grephistory '<messageid at here>'`.

> Dec 17 11:10:00.760 - news.tufts.edu <9vl58b$8bd$1 at atlas.admin.respublica.fr>
> 437 EMP rejected (ph/l)
>
> Dec 17 05:36:17.040 - mitre-in.news.gtei.net
> <168901c186e5$c8594190$9be62ecf at tkmsftngxa03> 437 EMP rejected (f/s/l)

Ah, these are Cleanfeed rejections.  Those articles are likely spam then,
you don't need to worry about rejections like that.

Except those are not from your reader machine.  Weren't we seeing the
transit rejecting articles from the reader?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org