WAS Re: innfeed not propagating articles

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at mitre.org
Mon Dec 17 19:44:11 UTC 2001

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven L. Sesar wrote:
>

> > "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:
> >
> > > Well, the reader server has a "news" too, it should have lines like with
> > > "+ not-for-mail" for each posted article.
> >
> > Nope. "+ not-for-mail" doesn't appear anywhere in ~news/log/news on the
> > reader machine.
>
> Umm.  You are posting from the reader machine, right?  Search for the
> Message-ID of one of your posts.
>
> Oh, do you have nnrpdposthost set in inn.conf on the reader?

I do now.

> > Silly question: where would I find the actual article? ~news/spool/articles
> > is empty
>
> Err...look at "patharticles" in inn.conf

That's what I thought. "patharticles" is set to /news/spool. I was looking
elsewhere.  Actually, the path header is correct. It wasn't, because I thought
that by changing it to "blanket" might change things, but it didn't and I forgot
to change it back to newstransit.

> Or just run ~news/bin/sm `~news/bin/grephistory '<messageid at here>'`.
>
> > Dec 17 11:10:00.760 - news.tufts.edu <9vl58b$8bd$1 at atlas.admin.respublica.fr>
> > 437 EMP rejected (ph/l)
> >
> > Dec 17 05:36:17.040 - mitre-in.news.gtei.net
> > <168901c186e5$c8594190$9be62ecf at tkmsftngxa03> 437 EMP rejected (f/s/l)
>
> Ah, these are Cleanfeed rejections.  Those articles are likely spam then,
> you don't need to worry about rejections like that.
>
> Except those are not from your reader machine.  Weren't we seeing the
> transit rejecting articles from the reader?

No. Actually, I don't see any evidence that any articles even make it from the
reader to the transit server